Get your website fit for max exposure for engines like google and shopping feeds. Volusion’s online marketing experts enable you to identify impactful keywords, demonstrate crafting effective product names and descriptions, provide free sources to help your time and energy, plus much more. Watch the net seminar below or online.
Listed here are probably the most requested questions through the web conferencing clarified by Shopping Feeds Specialist Adam Kirsch and Internet search engine optimization Specialist Kavi Kardos.
Duplicate Content Questions
1. I have got a lot of similar products from various manufacturers. Each one has similar titles, descriptions, meta data, etc. Exactly what do I really do to be better? Can I be penalized by Google essentially don’t have unique title tags?
“Penalized” can be a harsh word, but the major search engines choose to determine unique title tags and meta descriptions for each page from the website and they’re more vulnerable to convey a webpage with unique tags greater inside the internet search engine results. It’s okay in situation your products names, title tags, and meta descriptions resemble-you would like to ensure that everybody is different for some reason. An excellent guideline is to take a look at two similar tags and obtain yourself whether or not you can inform that they’re connected with two different products. For example, noting the site 3’ cable plus a 6’ cable needs to be a reasonable differentiator.
2. If you separate out nearly identical products, how will you mitigate duplicate content?
This really is frequently tough for individuals who possess a large inventory with many different similar products, but it’s important to keep the content on every page as unique as you can. Try phrasing concepts in slightly other ways each time. If you’re creating a bulleted report on features, make each bullet concise and make sure to read what’s different about each product variation. Bear in mind it is not necessary to experience a large amount of text on every page-about 150 words per page can do.
3. You stated to not have text repeat what’s on other pages or sites. What about something specific that needs to be mentioned for instance “This tour is not mobility device accessible.” Does it hurt to own that sentence on half of your products or services?
That shouldn’t be a problem. It’s perfectly acceptable to repeat short phrases similar to this within your product descriptions, especially if they’re connected keeping the vehicle safe instructions as well. The idea is always to keep the entire description of product from sounding like it’s been duplicated from another page inside your site or perhaps the manufacturer’s site.
Product Photos Questions
4. Can it be acceptable essentially have product photos on white-colored-colored background, but offer additional photos in the product getting used? For example, for just about any baby product, employing a baby in the generally-used space?
Absolutely. Getting images with white-colored-colored, gray, or light-colored background can be a Google recommendation. They condition the look must precisely display the item and will include minimal or no product staging that the primary picture of the item includes a principal and/or apparent consider the merchandise on offer. For individuals who’ve multiple images, you may use the “additional image link” section. This provides your customers more views from the product once they achieve the merchandise page, which is fantastic for conversion.
5. Connected with photo quality, will you have a suggested Dpi level or format to find the best results?
Google recommends images that are no less than 800 pixels tall and width. The bare minimums are 25×25 and 250×250 for apparel. When relevant, the greatest, finest resolution copy in the image you’ve could be the anyone to submit.
6. I am selling art which has copyright issues and needs watermarking-exactly how should we address this?
Regrettably, The various search engines don’t let you watermark your images since it is considered “obstructing content.” While your squeeze page might have watermarks, the appearance link within your data feed should not.
7. We’d lots of queries about H1 tags, here’s quick tips below.
Webpages use heading tags (H1, H2, H3 …H6) to describe the hierarchy from the page’s content. Each heading can introduce a bit of content, with H1 tags indicating the key section. Using H tag hierarchy informs your users and the major search engines about the key information on each page. Essentially we all do claim that each page inside your website should have an H1 tag, it is not necessary to include H2s, H3s, and so on unless of course obviously your posts would make the most of that kind of structure.
H tags are extremely simple to improve your code. Whenever you possess an H1 tag for just about any product page, it might be such as this as became a member of in HTML:
<h1>It is really an essential Heading in my Page!</h1>
This really is really the information connected with this particular heading.
And here’s the actual way it look inside your site:
It is really an essential Heading in my Page!
This really is really the information connected with this particular heading.
Shopping Feeds Questions
8. Do you have any sources to educate yourself regarding google shipping and optimizing campaigns?
A great choice to uncover Google Shopping and optimizing campaigns could be the source! Bing is loaded with a lot of AdWords optimization sources. In addition, Google lists their shopping policies and rules here.
9. I am seeing conflicting information that the completely new Google Record Taxonomy must be produced by September 15th. More information online states the brand new taxonomy groups are necessary by Sept. 15th, try not to always have to be the record groups.
Good job maintaining Google’s changes! Per their announcement here, Yahoo is presenting stable number Product Category IDs. You can provide either the writing or number based category identification, which exist here. Take note though, it must be either. So when always, act as consistent.
10. My page is at Spanish, so accented figures have to be there. We setup our keyboards as US worldwide and just type. No accents means we appear illiterate. Is it possible to point me with a conversion tool that’ll insert codes or can i just look and replace before we upload to Volusion? What’s the easiest method to have this done?
We stress to avoid special figures to make sure that when Google crawls your products or services, there isn’t any broken figures. If you’re employing a language, the HTML markup of those figures is what you would like-likely your keyboard is quickly transporting this out to suit your needs. A quick export from the datafeed file and summary of your descriptions might have if these items are increasingly being displayed correctly or else. Once the way you’re carrying it out enables Google to determine it without issues, keep on doing that. Also, for convenient assist in situation your meta data are showing incorrectly, provide your unicode meta titles.
11. Our business rents (not sells) books, so the books are $ on Volusion. Customers need to enroll in our service. Under these conditions, does it appear sensible to accomplish shopping feeds?
Regrettably, in this case, it can’t appear sensible to accomplish feeds, as Google Shopping is ideal for products that are increasingly being offered. You cannot advertise products to rent.
12. What is the price of “Google Reliable Stores” within your opinion?
Google gives this badge to websites which are dependable shippers with track of positive comments from customers, which instills depend upon shoppers. This can present you with an advantage greater than a competitor that is not a Google Reliable Store. To obtain this badge, your store must meet certain criteria.
13. Exactly how should we make the product URL for each product?
Instantly, your product or service URLs will need round the standard Volusion URL structure:
By editing the item URL Text field inside the Advanced Info part of your product or service inventory, you’ll be able to change that Hyperlink to something such as this:
14. This site has proper caps inside the product URL text. Can I be penalized by Google with this particular? Must i change this, and could I put it back without getting to become penalized by the major search engines?
Generally, URLs aren’t situation sensitive. Meaning it probably won’t hurt you to definitely certainly have capital letters within your URLs. However, it’s considered an Internet search engine optimization best practice to utilize all lowercase letters for just about any handful of reasons. First, it seems cleaner plus much more uniform. Second, most users will type your URL in many lowercase anyway if they’re visiting your site directly or linking in it. Third, engines like google have every so often mistaken uppercase and lowercase versions of URLs for separate pages, so when both versions are indexed, the major search engines will recognize the data on individuals pages as duplicate content. That could be not so great.
Switching URL text to all or any lowercase is easy, plus it won’t make you lose any traffic or enter a problem from the major search engines as extended as you’ve checked the “301 Redirect to SEOFriendly URLs” box inside your Config Variables, located in the Settings part of your admin area.
15. What’s the approach to prevent category names from being known as figures? eg internet.sitehere.com/Product-Name-s/145.htm
Every page from the Volusion website features a number installed on it. That’s how a pages from the site are organized, plus it makes sure that each page possess a unique URL when it’s created. However, the writing before the s or p inside your page (within your example, the “Product-Name” part) might be customized nonetheless, you would like.
16. Regarding meta tag keywords and the way they are not required for Internet search engine optimization: must you just leave that field blank for product pages additionally to category pages? Or can i still place a few relevant keywords inside, for instance product color, size, etc.?
It’s easier to get forced out blank. Neither your customers nor the major search engines are able to see these records, so that it won’t enable you to whatsoever to include any text within this subject. This is for every page inside your site, including product pages, category pages, your home page, blogs, etc.-it won’t allow you to have keywords from any page.
17. On alt text, what is the optimal volume of figures?
There is no “correct” volume of figures for image alt tags. Utilize this tag to describe the appearance in addition to you’ll be able to, even if meaning including multiple descriptors. “Size medium blue and red polka us us dot dress for girls” can be a perfectly fine alt tag. It’s concise, nevertheless it could describe all the visual areas of the appearance.
18. Where don’t allow continue site to input Google Analytics tracking info?
Google’s Analytics tracking code that’s assigned aimed at your web if you setup your Analytics account ought to be placed inside the mind part of your template. Within your Volusion store, you can get the net coding by hovering inside the Design part of your admin area deciding on File Editor. Under Shortcuts, you will notice a bit referred to as Template Files getting a connect with your template’s code underneath.
IMPORTANT: Use careful attention when editing your template’s code and then try to save a geniune copy from the code before you make any changes. One small coding mistake could cause your site to misbehave.
Comes up your HTML file, you will notice a bit that begins with your brain section opening tag (<head>) and ends while using closing tag (</head>). Copy the entire tracking code script from your Google Analytics account and insert it really before the closing tag. It must look something such as this:
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html charset=UTF-8″ />
<link href=”vspfiles/templates/template/css/Imports.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />
<div id=”if_homepage”><link href=”vspfiles/templates/template/css/Homepage.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” /></div>
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-XXXXXXXX-X’, ‘mysite.com’)
19. I’m only doing Internet search engine optimization and wholesale. I’m presently getting into new items and colors and i’m putting the expected delivery date inside the product name. Is always that a terrible idea?
We wouldn’t recommend including delivery dates-or any other information that’s vulnerable to change-within your product names, title tags, or meta descriptions. Individuals fields are really designed to describe the item without any extraneous information. In situation your expected delivery dates, prices, or shipping policies would change (that will most likely happen eventually), you’d will need to go in and modify everyone product names, title tags, or meta descriptions. It’s easier to use individuals fields to condition just what the technique is by leaving it only at that.
20. If Totally Free, etc. can be a no-no in product descriptions, where else around the Volusion product page could that be presented?
For Volusion Stores, you can examine in the box for “Totally free item” inside the advanced info from the products. This could display a “totally free” icon underneath the product cost round the product page. This can be done quickly using the import/export feature too.
21. Inside the Description Of Product, will be the other tabs like “Features,” “Technical Specs,” etc. important?
It is not necessary to start using these tabs if you don’t have information to put there. However, in situation your product or service have lots of technical specifications and they’re causing your product or service descriptions to function extended, separating them into tabs may be useful.
22. Are complete sentences important?
It all depends inside your brand voice and way with words, usually, you have to write your product or service descriptions getting an individual audience in your thoughts. Write with techniques that’s comfortable for anyone to see. Your posts should appear natural, and you will always ask someone you trust to look at a few from the product pages with an added perspective.
23. I have got lots of traffic from Russia in my site…and my products ought to be for Mexico.
The traffic you’re seeing from Russia is probably due to referrals from junk e-mail bots. So your referral data within Google Analytics continues to be skewed, but there’s a great way to exclude individuals visitors to make sure that Analytics doesn’t recognize it legitimate. This informative article from Moz explains more.
24. In situation your products has several different alternatives (sizes and color), in case you optimize each product option page or just the main product page?
If they’re from your site to become different products, meaning every one has a unique unique URL, you can optimize each page individually (and you will!).
25. Can it be crucial that you complete title tags and meta descriptions for child products additionally to parent products? We sell clothing and possess color/size variations for each parent.
For Internet search engine optimization, individuals merchandise is hidden and merely useful for prices/stock simply because they aren’t inside the sitemap rather than employed by visitors, so that isn’t essential to fill individuals out. The identical might be mentioned for shopping feeds-individuals fields aren’t published for the shopping feeds, so there’s there is no need.
26. Can it be okay to place banners to the Description Of Product?
We’d not recommend putting banners in product descriptions-Google displays your description as text in product ads. Banners don’t let Google to crawl descriptions and display them properly.
27. Can it be okay to put marketing information inside the description box “Description Of Product Above Prices”?
You could do this, as extended when you’re submitting another description field to Google. The outline field which get published within your datafeed file should not include marketing information, but under Google’s current rules it’s okay to own that information in the different, unsubmitted field. With any instances similar to this, we always suggest maintaining Google’s Shopping Policies, simply because they may change as time passes.
28. Is creating Internet search engine optimization for that product single-time factor or possibly a continuing one where I must keep updating causes of my product for instance unique descriptions, etc.?
Once you’ve set things like title tag and meta description for just about any product, they’ll stay by doing this before you decide to change them. As extended as they’re unique off their pages inside your site, there’s you don’t have to update these regularly. Simply make certain they reflect accurate information regarding the item.
29. What’s the massive difference if my product “description” is human readable versus a bulleted list description?
Either in situation is ok, as extended when you keep in mind that humans would be the audience. Presenting product features in paragraph or list form is not important, nevertheless the content should invariably be unique and natural-sounding.
30. My boss utilizes a Totally Free icon within the description in my product pages. Will the alt tag text mentioning “totally free” count against me?
No, text within alt tags will not come with an adverse effect on shopping feeds listings.
31. If you use the identical text for title tag, product name, and meta description once the technique is known by name where it’s via (like Italian wine)?
It’s fine to include similar phrases throughout these fields (title tag, product name, and meta description), since a manifestation like “Italian wine” is probably an exact descriptor in the product. However, you’ll still need make these products of text unique from each other for some reason.
For example, your product or service name might be:
750 ml Italian Pinot Grigio by Cazato
While your title tag could read:
2010 Vintage 750 ml Fine Italian Pinot Grigio Cazato Winery
Along with your meta description might say:
Get a tasty pinot grigio within the Lombardy region of Italia. Low acidity getting a spicy finish, Cazato’s 2010 vintage can be a dream be realized for wine enthusiasts!
32. The DOGMANIA store page shows a product (hat with bow) that has variations (colors)…you formerly stated the Nhl bracelet client, who’d better results listing the variations out as individual products (i.e. san jose sharks nhl bracelet). Because instance you’ll find bodily variations, to be able to understand the benefit of listing them individually. Are you able to suggest transporting this out in case your product has one physical version however, it’s multiple selections for compatibility…i.e. a vehicle part? Could it be simpler to list out the identical part multiple occasions while using different makes/mixers it’s appropriate for, or would a dropdown (like the dog hat page, which has color and size options) work as well?
Because the product sounds highly specific in this case, it’s reasonable to visualise that shoppers is going to be hunting very specific parts, and certain search for their specific brand. However, developing a specific product page for everyone product in this particular situation might make your site overwhelming and difficult to navigate. Another choice is always to have your product or service description list compatible models, since the description field can also be indexed by Google and familiar with pair your products or services with shoppers.
33. If you mention description of product, can you mean the region just referred to as “description of product” or the various description of product fields for instance “description of product above prices,” “description of product short,” etc.?
In this particular web conferencing, i had been speaking particularly in regards to the field referred to as “product description.” This really is really the area that generally will probably be published to Google to describe your product or service.
34. I have capital letters inside the product name only to classify the amount, is always that ok?
Though it may be considered guidelines with Google not to utilize all capital letters within your product names and descriptions, you will not be penalized in case your handful of test is within most caps.
35. When writing tags-say, for wooden watches-in case you tag as (wooden watches, wood, watches, wood watches) or does (wooden watches) pay it off all?
Engines like google normally can recognize slight keyword variations, such as the among “wood” and “wooden.” When you ‘t be while using the Meta Tag Keywords field, if you work with the old saying “wooden watches” within your title tags and product descriptions, the major search engines will likely affiliate searches for “wood watches” or “watches produced from wood” with folks pages too.